Architecting LA County’s ECM Documentum Applications
Architect, Configure and Customize Enterprise Content
Management System for ESMA and ITSSMA Contract
Administration and other shared applications using EMC
LA County’s Internal Services Department (ISD) provides vital Technology Services for the development and maintenance of mission-critical computer applications, support of Los Angeles County’s vast communications network, and 24-hour data center operations. ISD’s Customer Application Branch (CAB) manages shared Documentum infrastructure that houses several applications supporting mission critical businesses processes of various agencies of the County.
The County wanted to retire sole sourcing of Documentum related services from EMC, and throw it open for competitive bidding under its county-wide ESMA contract vehicle which would result in various solution providers for County Documentum projects. ISD being the custodian of the Shared environments (including for Documentum), has the responsibility to ensure application development best practices are established and that vendors comply with such practices.
WATI provided seasoned Documentum architect to support ISD’s transition from sole- vendor to multi-vendor, to act as the group’s application architect, providing support in areas of:
- Project design
- Solution architecture
- Develop standardized framework for application testing
- Contract (ESMA) support to review and provide feedback on Contractor bids
- Production application support and develop standardized templates for application deployments, and
- Develop application best-practices guidelines for application development using xCP, DFC, D2 and Java and review Contractor code to ensure compliance to best practices
- Develop detailed runbooks for each new program / configuration / package.
- Knowledge transfer and mentoring of County staff
LA County’s ISD successfully transitioned from single-vendor to multi-vendor mode utilizing the standards, templates and best practices instituted with the help of WATI.