ASP.NET Upgrade and Optimization for County Assessor’s Office
- Web-Based Development Services
- Incorporating new HTML 5.0 Features
The Los Angeles County Assessor is the assessor is responsible for discovering all taxable property in Los Angeles County, to inventory and list all the taxable property, to value the property, and to enroll the property on the local assessment roll. LA County has more than 2.36 million assessed properties with assessment value of in excess of a trillion dollars (US$).
The Assessor utilizes many ASP.NET applications, that needed upgrade to Microsoft ASP.NET version 4.6.2, along-with Windows Server 2012 and SQL Server 2014 upgrades and browser IE 11 standardization.
The Los Angeles County Assessor had multiple ASP.NET applications that needed to be upgraded in view of Microsoft withdrawing support on certain version of the Microsoft Technology stack. In addition to upgrade, certain application like Transfer Information and Title Analysis Network (TITAN) required refactoring to improve optimization and functionality.
WATI helped upgrade the nineteen ASP.NET applications:
- TITAN (Transfer Information and Title Analysis Network)
- TITANIUM (Transfer Information and Title Analysis Network Investigation Unit Manage)
- Assessor’s website
- Assessor’s Tax Portal
- Assessor’s Public Service
- AgentAuth (Agent Authorization)
- LEOP (Legal Entity Ownership Program)
- PCDL (Parcel Change Detail List)
- ATS (AABS Tracking System)
- ME (Major Exemptions
- Barcode Tracking
- Annual Report
- Air Letter
- PI (Possessory Report)
- PCOR (Preliminary Change of Ownership Report Scanning)
- PERMS (Permit Management System)
- FARMS (File Activity Report Management System)
- T&V (Time and Volume)
WATI’s solution include:
- Install, configure, test and implement new releases and patches of .NET software, APIs, and other components
- Develop, test and implement .NET code, SQL Server Queries, Views, Stored Procedures.
- Developing complex queries (multiple combinations of parameters and table with multifaceted business logic to search and retrieve specific records in the database), triggers and performance tuning
- SQL Server Integration Services and Reporting Services (SSIS/SSRS)
- Analyze and resolve errors and reported problems, and coordinate the fixes with
Technology Stack used:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2015
- SOAP and RESTful webservices
- JQuery/Bootstrap UI
WATI completed the upgrade of ASP.NET applications, on budget and on time, along with upgrade of Browser, Operating System and Database servers.