The client is looking for an Application Developer to develop and implement the system upgrades for the DNA Order Tracking System (DOTS). The Consultant shall work with a multi-agency group of stakeholders to transform the DOTS system into a modern business process automation and case management solution using the OpenText AppWorks application development platform.
The Consultant shall perform all of the following:
- Review existing business processes, workflows, and technical architecture documentation for DOTS to gain a deep understanding of the program and existing solutions.
- Participate in interviews of SMEs and technical experts belonging to each law enforcement stakeholder agency to understand new business practices that are not being covered by the current system.
- Work with the ISAB DOTS Program Managers and ISD DOTS maintenance and support staff to develop a project management strategy and schedule.
- Establish development environment and familiarize with existing production environment architecture.
- Assist ISAB Program Managers in the review of the current security model in the data interfaces to determine its applicability and strength and propose/implement new models if deemed as necessary.
- Introduce the OpenText AppWorks application development platform as the base technology solution for the new DOTS system.
- Provide guidance to ISAB DOTS Program Managers and ISD DOTS maintenance and support staff to instill a high-level understanding of the OpenText AppWorks platform components and implementation strategies.
- Develop a technical approach that will consolidate the functions of the three (3) existing DOTS modules into a single streamlined solution that is more manageable, flexible, and scalable.
- Apply other programming models to work as helper solutions for items that cannot be addressed by AppWorks alone.
- Establish and maintain a code repository for the project that is compatible with AppWorks and other applied programming models’ development environment.
- Resolve a computer network model that is appropriate to the hardware and software solution to implement.
- Assist in the creation of test plans and execution of such plans in the staging environment.
- Participate in eventual infrastructure and hardware-related updates as recommended by ISD Shared Services group.
- Participate in periodic project and technical status meetings.
- Coordinate/plan with participating agencies to organize and facilitate training sessions when they become necessary.
- Conduct prototyping sessions with stakeholders to identify possible gaps in the solutions that are going to be introduced.
- Create detailed production implementation plans and rollback procedures for any go-live event.
- Participate in the post-production monitoring to ensure proper execution of built modules for the new DOTS system.
- Provide ongoing post-production maintenance and support services to address day-to-day technical operation needs and issues.
- Facilitate the knowledge transfer to the ISD DOTS maintenance group.
- Two (2) years of experience within the last five (5) years designing, developing, and implementing automated business workflows using the OpenText AppWorks application development platform.
- Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years developing and implementing data-driven web-based applications and data interfaces using either the Java or .NET programming models.
- Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years developing and implementing user interfaces based on XForms, modeling XML schemas, and conversion to XHTML.
- Two (2) years of experience within the last five (5) years working on file-store infrastructures for electronic document management and storage.
- Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years developing and implementing web application security models aimed at protecting sensitive data in transit and at rest.
- Two (2) years of experience within the last four (4) years working with a multi-disciplinary team of individuals belonging to different functional domains for gathering and implementing data integration requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com