At least seven (7) years of experience within the last ten (10) years working as a Business Analyst with large organizations, leading or participating in the technical implementation of software/systems/applications automating complex business processes, performing any of the following:
- Assessment of analysis scope and tasks
- Planning business analysis tasks
- Facilitating joint application design (JAD) and/or collaborative design sessions
- Elicitation, definitions, and documentation of various business, user, and system requirements
- Analysis for business process improvement, application design, and workflow automation
- Modeling and documenting functional designs
- Leading and working within cross-functional teams that include business subject matter experts, application architects, developers, and testers
At least seven (7) years of experience within the last ten (10) years producing business analysis deliverables such as any of the following: (CalSTRS may request deliverable related work samples during Phase 4, Interviews, of the Comparison Process)
- Business requirements and business rules
- Functional requirements and/or functional specifications
- Non-functional requirements
- Stakeholder requests
- Procurement documentation
- Transition plans and/or implementation requirements
- Traceability matrices
At least three (3) years of experience using Rational Requisite Pro, HP ALM, Jama, or other requirement gathering tools to document functional and non-functional requirements, design specifications, and provide full traceability for projects.
It is desirable for the proposed Business Analyst to have the following listed experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities as evidenced by Attachment II, Proposed Project Person Skill Summary Sheet, and resume:
- Experience as a Business Analyst with the State or Federal government.
- Experience as a Business Analyst leading or participating in the technical implementation of pension/retirement-related software development projects – especially Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse solutions including the following areas of focus.
- Pension administration and financial related data: annual or final compensation, service credit, contributions, interest, payables, receivables, various benefit factor types, benefit formula calculations, payroll deductions, the school district reported salary data on behalf of members, Medicare data, etc.
- Investments-related data: portfolio performance and management, investment exposure, private and real estate asset classes, risk exposure, rate of return, net asset value, benchmark, Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG), Sustainable Investments, and Stewardship Strategies data.
- Service Level Goals and Objective related data and pension administration related audit data.
- A wide variety of dashboarding, forecasting, and modeling including existing pre-defined reports for various business areas.
- IIBA Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP or CCBA). (Please provide a copy of Certification).
- Experience in agile methodology or Scaled Agile Framework.
- Experience acting as a project manager for software development or implementation projects.
bachelor’s degree in computer science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related fields from an accredited or government-sanctioned college/university. (Please provide a copy of the degree).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com