The consultant will provide technical expertise assisting the Client with the implementation of a BI and DW solution working in coordination with a future BI and DW Implementation vendor while also working alongside Client staff to provide knowledge transfer.
- At least seven (7) years of working experience in the Information Technology or Information System (IT/IS) fields with extensive experience in the positions of enterprise data architect, data scientist, database architect/developer/administrator, database lead, or database designer/modeler, report designer, etc.
- At least five (5) years of experience incorporating an industry’s open and non-proprietary Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology to lead and/or create data architectures, conceptual/ logical/physical data models for software development projects, while collaborating closely with an organization’s enterprise database unit and following all applicable enterprise IT standards, policies, processes, procedures, and best practices, etc.
- At least five (5) years of experience participating in data testing, developing data strategies, and associated policies and best practices to promote data security, integrity, quality, governance, and consistency.
- At least five (5) years of experience, as a Data Architect, with large organizations leading or participating in the technical implementation of BI and DW solutions for a wide variety of complex business processes and data including analytic platforms such as Power BI, Tableau, Amazon QuickSight, and Azure Analysis Services.
- At least five (5) years of experience designing and implementing highly available and fault-tolerant databases including complex multi-node clustering and disaster recovery.
- At least five (5) years of experience architecting and reviewing Extract Transform and Load (ETL) and/or Change Data Capture (CDC) processes using tools such as SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), Amazon AWS Glue, and Azure Data Factory in an Enterprise environment.
- Experience providing enterprise-level data architecture and/or data modeling services at a public sector entity such as a local, State, or Federal agency.
- Experience as a Data Architect leading or participating in the technical implementation of pension/retirement, or financial-related software development projects.
- Experience working with Data Tools, Business Intelligence Studio, and SQL Server Management Studio.
- Experience in optimizing and reviewing Microsoft Structured Query Language (MSSQL) database processes including performance tuning of SQL query, trigger, stored procedures & DB engine.
- Ability to effectively communicate and document designs, processes, and work as well as develop, document, and institute best practices.
- Strong knowledge of Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) environments, design, modeling, performance considerations, and SQL internals.
- Experience with Agile delivery in enterprise-wide initiatives. A scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) certificate or equivalent enterprise agile certificate is a plus. (Please provide certification copy)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields from an accredited or government-sanctioned college/university. (Please provide a copy of the degree).
- Experience with encryption and security (in flight, at rest, and column level).
- Experience with source code management solutions such as Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Visual Source Control.
- Experience using Simple Object Access Protocol (SOAP), Representational State Transfer (REST), and GraphQL web services.
- Ability to understand metamodels, taxonomies, and ontologies as well as the challenges of applying structed techniques to less-structed data sources.
- Hold professional certifications relevant to the services and specializations. For example, Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP), Azure Data Engineer, Azure Database Administrator, Azure Data Scientist, Azure Solutions Architect, Azure DevOps Engineer, AWS Solutions Architect, AWS DevOps Engineer, AWS Data Analytics Specialty, and AWS Database Specialty. The client may request a copy of the certifications.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org