- Proven track record in leading, organizing, and coordinating multiple work activities simultaneously.
- Proven track record in delivery of on-time, on-budget projects with a high degree of user satisfaction and quality.
- Proven track record implementing varying principles and techniques of project management, including the ability to develop and track complex project plans, manage risks, manage scope, and manage resources.
- Experience applying project management skills to application redesigns.
- Knowledge of principles of case and data management systems and product development.
- Proven track record of managing complex relationships among stakeholders on a project which has significant executive oversight.
- Proven track record of building coalitions among various stakeholders using excellent conflict resolution skills, where needed.
- Experienced at establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experienced with the principles of full life cycle systems design, development, and deployment.
- Experienced with providing clear goals, responsibilities, and providing measurable performance and feedback.
- Excellent analytical capabilities and the ability to break down complex ideas into manageable pieces.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences, including creating and presenting executive summaries to steering committees and other executive-level leadership.
- Experienced with MS Office applications including Word, Excel, Project, and Visio.
- Knowledge of digital government and digital government strategies.
- Ability to identify and evaluate alternative solutions, costs, and benefits.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, orally, and in writing.
Additional Skills / Qualifications Desired:
- Experience applying project management skills to implementation, configuration, and roll-out of software case or records management systems.
- Recent experience within government agencies or public bodies with projects of a similar type.
- Certified Project Manager (PMP) with Agile/Scrum training and certification.
- Knowledge of Traffic and/or Criminal case processing, court case management systems.
- Experience with data analytics, data mapping, and/or data integration.
- Provide project management and leadership for the California Courts Data Analytics/Data Integration Program, which includes the Pretrial Pilot and JBSIS Pilot Projects.
- Define and clarify project scope
- Develop project charters, project plans, and detailed task plans, to ensure alignment of and sign off from stakeholders.
- Develop the project schedule and track detailed progress, issues, and deliverables; Communicate project activities, performance, and status.
- Develop and collaborate with product teams to communicate the product vision, policies and procedures, and product roadmap to support the achievement of project objectives.
- Analyze and scope the technical and policy requirements needed to implement digital solutions for court users.
- Manage scope, resources, schedule, and expectations; and report frequently to stakeholders and team members.
- Develop project cost and benefit estimates; estimate project needs for staff and consultants.
- Identify and clarify roles and tasks of project teams; defining the structure and identify needed services or positions.
- Provide leadership, direction, training, and work review; organize and assign work, set priorities, and follow up to ensure coordination and completion of assigned work to project team members.
- Manage the project timelines for a cross-functional team to design, develop, and deliver digital services.
- Work with clients, team members, and management to understand business requirements and ensure that client expectations are understood and met.
- Communicate with contracted vendors, trial court personnel, justice partners, and management regarding deployment strategies, identified issues, and possible resolutions.
- Manage the development lifecycle of prototypes for pretrial risk assessment data collection and reporting.
- Engage in project management delivery tools including, but not limited to, meeting agendas, meeting minutes, project schedules, issues lists, and change requests logs.
- Manage complex relationships, such as multiple internal partners, significant executive oversight, and multiple distinct user groups.
- Lead sprints or other project management methodologies to core project team members, providing training on sprints or scrums to those unfamiliar, as needed.
- Assign tasks and make decisions about features and technical implementation details to ensure timely delivery of products.
- Manage project risks and develop contingency and/or mitigation plans.
- Facilitate issue resolution and escalate issues that cannot be resolved in the team.
- Work closely with the IT Program Manager and Pilot Project teams to identify and evaluate technical solutions (i.e. evaluating different risk assessment tools or system solutions, as needed; analyze the pros and cons of each solution including preparing high-level budgets) to ensure the quality and timeliness of product deliverables.
- Track and monitor that the project is delivered within budget, on schedule, and in scope.
- Monthly Status Report.
- Other tasks, as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in information technology.
Certification: Certified Project Manager (PMP) with Agile/Scrum training and certification.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com