- Serve as the Senior Information Technology Security Solution Architect for ISD, its two data centers, and the Los Angeles County Enterprise Network, including architecting, designing, implementing, and managing security for highly available, resilient systems (physical, virtual, cloud).
- Work with security peers, and other stakeholders to analyze the enterprise business context (business strategy and trends), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture viewpoints (such as business, information and solution) to derive the security architecture future state. This includes defining the requirements, principles and models that guide technology decisions for the enterprise, designing security systems with specifications of equipment, software, and infrastructure.
- Understand security trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Analyze information security systems and applications, including recommending and developing security controls for data integrity, to protect information against unauthorized modification and data loss prevention.
- Perform security design/architecture reviews, code reviews, and penetration tests of large applications, systems, and/or networks.
- Oversee remediation of security vulnerabilities.
- Define and document security requirements.
- Document technology security architecture for LA County
- Assess Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) controls against existing network implementations (i.e., gap analysis).
- Define, develop, and implement strategic changes to the department’s Identity Access Management strategy in terms of risk framework, governance, policies and procedures, and measurement.
- Provide overall support to CGO security staff for complex security issues, troubleshooting, and root cause analysis. Provide monthly metrics and status reports to manager.
- Collaborate with DISOs and IT from LA County departments
- Identify security risk and proposed functional solution to address risk for LA County and customers data safety and protection
- Coach, mentor and collaborate with technical subject matter experts and peers to develop a security architecture that enables and drives new business capabilities and operating models. Provide knowledge transfer to CGO staff through training and mentoring
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the last five (5) years as an IT Security Solution Architect, supporting a complex enterprise security environment for a large public or private organization.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the past five (5) years as an IT Security Solution Architect, supporting Multi-Cloud environment, include designing, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting the infrastructure connecting to Public Cloud Providers, such as AWS, Azure and/or GCP.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the last three (3) years analyzing, designing, and implementing enterprise network & security solutions.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the last three (3) years leading IT Security/Information Security teams.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the last three (3) years delivering IT Strategy and Transformation, Data Strategy and Governance, and IT Governance and Effectiveness in a multi-department enterprise organization.
- Demonstrated ability to create clear, concise technical documentations such as procedures, Visio diagrams, and system support documents, and strong presentation skills with experience using Microsoft PowerPoint.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org