- Create, modify, test and implement COBOL/IMS code for 24/7 mission critical mainframe application based on industry best practices.
- Load/unload and reorganize data within a variety of IMS Data Communications (DC) Databases including partition databases with secondary indexes.
- Work with BMC database utilities to optimize and troubleshoot errors and abends.
- Modify Variable-length Block (VB) and Fixed-length Block (FB) files, Virtual Storage Access Method (VSAM) and Hierarchical Indexed Direct Access Method (HIDAM) databases.
- Write IMS update programs to insert/update/delete segments in IMS databases.
- Analyze and resolve errors. Coordinate fixes with the client programming staff and the Office of the Assessor’s customer department staff.
- Use Endeavor for source and version control.
- Provide weekly status reports to task supervisor on assigned tasks.
- Create documentation on mainframe transactions, and all related processes and procedures performed.
- Transfer all programming codes, scripting, and knowledge to the client technical staff.
- Five (5) years’ experience within the last 7 years with IMS/Cobol utilizing all of the following skills:
- IMS DB/ IMS DC /VSAM/HIDAM
- OS/390 or z/OS systems.
- Three (3) years’ experience within the last five (5) years’ utilizing the following technologies:
- FILE MANAGER
- FAULT ANALYZER
- Control-M Scheduler
- BMP/DLI jobs
- One (1) year experience within the last five (5) years using ENDEVOR for source control and production migrations.
- Seven (7) years’ experience within the last ten (10) years creating IMS DB/DC utilizing FB, VB, VSAM, HIDAM with partitioned databases and secondary indexing.
- Seven (7) years’ experience within the last ten (10) years developing IMS/COBOL programs
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org