- Sets up, verifies and runs batch jobs on the mainframe z/OS system using job control language statements and/or other appropriate commands.
- Monitors batch job scheduling system (ZEKE) to ensure proper scheduling constraints, completion and disposition of jobs.
- Monitors job output, using bureau documentation to ensure proper printing, correct breakdown and accurate delivery of customer files.
- Analyzes and assists in recovering batch job problems following documented procedures.
- Responds to customer and support programmer requests to modify job runs or job scheduling.
- Documents all new, changing and malfunctioning jobs related to the hardware and software in an on-line file.
- Troubleshoots software and hardware on-line to maintain performance and system throughput.
- Monitors environmental equipment and server hardware on data center floor.
- Coordinates and schedules hardware maintenance work with vendor service providers.
- Operates high-speed laser printers to produce customer requested reports, warrants and other forms following strict security and quality control procedures.
- Maintains adequate quantities of paper forms and printer supplies required for the expected printing needs of customers.
- Operating systems hardware architecture
- Enterprise operating systems
- Network operating systems concepts
- Automated operations applications
- Principles and practices of effective communication
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org