The Consultant must meet all the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years working with DB2 systems on an IBM mainframe under z/OS installing new releases and applying maintenance and performing user database requests.
- Two (2) years of experience within the last five (5) years working with MQ for z/OS installing and migrating to new versions and applying maintenance and performing MQ Admin activities.
- Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years in database administration and systems programming of DB2 for z/OS installing and migrating to new versions and applying maintenance.
- Two (2) years of experience within the last five (5) years on working with IMS Connect, ODBM Setup, OTMA and IMS MQ Bridge.
- Two (2) years of experience within the last five (5) years on working with WebSphere QREP / Infosphere Q Replication.
- Two (2) years of experience within the last five (5) years working with Cobol & MQ programming.
- The Consultant shall perform all the following duties:
- Install, maintain and support DB2, MQ and DB2 and all related products.
- Install, maintain and support DB2 connect and DB2 UDB on z/Linux and windows platforms.
- Perform Systems Administrator functions for all MQ systems.
- Upgrade all DB2 Subsystems from V11.1 to V12.1 and roll over the changes across subsystems.
- Define security policies to MQ.
- Define MQ Bridge with IMS and help the developers with root cause analysis.
- Download and apply fixes in a manner which minimizes risk and customer impact.
- Support DB2 DBA’s when they have issues and resolve any issues reported by application groups.
- Work with various vendors to report and correct any product defects.
- Monitor the resource utilization of all systems and tune the DB2 and MQ systems as required.
- Educate application groups with the new functionalities of each version of software (DB2, IMS and DB2).
- Analyze space utilization reports for DB2 applications and add more packs when required.
- Provide daily consultation to CAB Staff on MQ, DB2 and DB2 technical issues.
- Tune IMS OTMA process.
- Install, maintain and support DB2 QRep v12.1.
- Assist all new development projects that need to connect to the mainframe to access IMS, DB2 or DB2 data.
- Setup new WLM environment for each DB2 Connect server and create an interface for the open systems to access data on mainframe.
- Install IMS Connect, ODBM Setup, DLIModel utility and IMS Enterprise suite for IMS.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org