Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reports to the sponsor directly.
- Some decision making on the project as directed by the sponsor.
- Provide leadership for project team on day to day work.
- Strategy recommendations for project to sponsor.
- Specific technical or SME experience and/or knowledge that benefits/informs the project work.
Sample details of skills/duties:
- Facilitate and lead team project and check-in meetings as needed for task and deliverable progress.
- Determine, document and distribute project status on agreed upon schedule.
- Establish and maintain regular meetings with the project sponsor.
- Develop agendas, track action items and notes from meetings (or provide a resource that does).
- Establish and maintain team meetings, teamwork and collaboration.
- Establish and build strong sponsor relationships.
- Establish and build strong stakeholder relationships.
- Lead the development of the work plan and maintain current work plan status.
- Develop and publish periodic status reports.
- Coordinate and track the delivery of the project deliverables.
- Identify, document and shepherd project issues and risks.
- Escalate project issues and coordinate decision making.
- Track the project progress and ensure forward movement of work.
- Review HCA PMO best practices, tools and templates.
Agile specific sample duties:
- Lead standup meetings.
- Manage the backlog.
- Five (5) years’ experience successfully managing large complex projects involving multiple business/program partners, cross agency/enterprise wide.
- Five (5) years’ experience in the health care industry, with one or more relevant project(s).
- Five (5) years’ experience on one or more project(s) with government partners (Municipal, county, state, federal, etc.)
- Change Management certified practitioner, or like tools used.
- Continuous Process Improvement or Problem-Solving certification.
- Prior experience using the PPM tool called Clarizen, or like PPM tools used.
- Significant experience in working with a health purchasing state agency on large complex initiatives or projects.
- Significant experience leading projects with state-level agency and program changes, including mergers, acquisitions, creation and restructures.
- Significant experience collecting and managing requirements and certified with a professional Business Analysis program.
- Significant experience managing IT related projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related IT curriculum is required.
- PMP Certified
- Overall PM skills and experience outlined in PMBOK.
- IT experience and knowledge
- People/Organizational change management
- Process improvement – Lean
- Experience and knowledge of public sector, health care, and HHS
- Soft Skills
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org