Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain, and support end users associated with the District Court Criminal Case Management System, residing on the mainframe (IBM370), and other mainframe related databases, including District Court Civil Case Management and CAIS Indexing.
- Provide System Analysis Lead support in analyzing mandated law changes and the effect new legislation may have on existing District Court applications.
- Provide System Analysis Lead support in analyzing District Court production issues and requests for modification at the direction of District Court Headquarters.
- Develop requirements and Level of Effort for all programming requests.
- Develop detailed specifications, test plans, quality assurance plans, unit testing, system testing, and user acceptance testing for all DC Criminal program modifications.
- Ensure programming code is developed according to technical specifications and meets programming department standards.
- Provide technical assistance to programmers during all stages of the SDLC.
- Provide ad hoc reports as required for outside data request on criminal information.
- Provide technical assistance to Vendors for conversion of District Court Criminal data.
- Provide technical assistance to for Data Review of District Court Criminal data.
- The creation of Oracle tables, the addition of indexes, and the loading and cleansing of data (a continuing process of significant effort).
- Assist with data conversion CAIS Index System.
- Removal from Mainframe.
- Maintain manual updates to CAIS Index system.
- Support Desk Service for Legacy Case Management System (District Court)
- Support Desk Services for New Case Management System (District and Circuit Courts)
- Available to do other assignments as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, end users and vendor development staff, as well as all levels of management and judicial personnel as necessary.
- Five years’ experience with FILE-AID, Expeditor, Mainframe, IMS, CICS, COBOL, z/OS, OS/390, TCP/IP, FTP, SQL, TSO, AS400, VSAM, COBOL400, DB2, ORACLE 10g (and above), LU6.2 and Sockets in providing programming support.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good teamwork skills.
- Two years’ experience in court case management preferred.
- Court case management includes: Case initiation (filings, motions, orders, warrants, documents) and support of activities based on these filings; automatic court appearance notification process; commissioner/clerk/courtroom processes (scheduling and concluding hearings/trials, disposing of charges/issues warrants, setting bail and posting bonds, automatic recording results of the court); case disposition and post judgment processes; generation of court case management statistics and working reports; court accounting processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org